Home Photography Preparation
These tips help ensure your homes photos will look their best!
• Declutter all areas as much as possible.
• We do not typically photograph inside closets or garages, so feel free to hide any clutter or bulky items in those areas.
• If you’re planning to be home during our visit, please turn on all light, open blinds and turn off ceiling fans.
• We are constantly moving and looking for the best angles while photographing your home, so waiting until we arrive to move things out of the way doesn’t work well.
• Hide pets and pet items such as food bowls, beds, and toys.
• Let us work our magic! We work best when we’re allowed to freely flow through your home without distractions from kids, pets, guests, etc.
• Trim Grass and bushes.
• Clear grass clippings and debris from drive and walkways.
• Hide garbage cans and yard waste containers from view.
• Remove cars from drive and close garage doors.
• Remove kid toys and pet toys.
• Declutter as much as possible.
• Replace or remove large family photos.
• Arrange furniture to showcase the size of the room.
• Clear coffee tables and end tables of personal items and remotes.
• Clear countertops as much as possible. A few items are fine, but the more counter space we can show in a photo, the more open and inviting your kitchen will look.
• Clear the exterior of the refrigerator completely.
• Empty sink and remove dish draining board from view.
• Hide trash cans.
• Consider staging dining table with tasteful place settings.
• Reduce dining table size, if possible, to open up the space of the room.
• Place a small, elegant center piece on dining table.
• Stage place settings with nice dishes, glassware, flatware and napkins.
• Remove excess furniture such as extra chairs to enhance space and walk-ability.
• Make beds.
• Remove laundry and hampers from view.
• Remove personal items from view.
• Limit number of items on nightstands and dressers.
• Remove personal products from view such as shampoo, bodywash deodorant, tooth brush holder, etc…
• Conceal personal items such as hair dryers and curling irons, especially their chords.
• Remove trash cans from view.
• Consider adding a small, tasteful accent around tubs such as candles or a small plant. Make sure accent/hand towels are clean and, folded and organized.
LOCAL Professional Opinion
Listen to your Realtor! A good, local real estate profession knows exactly what buyers are looking for in your neighborhood and in your homes price range. Follow their suggestions to ensure a quick sale!